Quick Contact

Badminton Close, Naunton Lane, Leckhampton,
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL53 7BX UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1242 243006
Fax: +44 (0) 1242 222487

e.mail:
info@nixonflowmeters.co.uk

Click for contact page

 

A Brief History

Nixon Flowmeters was formed in 1969 as Nixon Instrumentation by Mr Bob Nixon, he has previously worked for Fisher and Porter Flowmeters and latterly as sales manager for Kent who manufactured a range of turbine flowmeters. Initially Bob worked from home before renting an office and workshop in the Novar Electronics factory in Abbey Road, Gloucester.
 
The business was then moved briefly to Gloucester Trading Estate before finding bigger premises at Kingsditch Trading Estate in Cheltenham. In 1981 the company relocated again to Charlton Kings Industrial Estate where it was based for many years.
 
1997 saw the company relocate again to company owned premises in Leckhampton with ample space for a full machine shop, spacious offices, stores and calibration facilities.
 
The company has always had turbine flowmeters as a primary product, firstly imported from Germany in the early years but the company quickly designed its own range including the innovative hygienic design that has sold so well over the years. A sole UK agency for Heinrichs of Germany brought ranges of Variable Area and Electromagnetic flowmeters to the UK market in 1974. 1980 saw the first stockholding of All Plastic variable area meters. In 1996 the company name was changed to Nixon Flowmeters to better advertise its primary business. In 2001 the company obtained the sole UK agency for Tecfluid of Barcelona therefore increasing its products portfolio again..